IMPORTANT UPDATE-PRE-ENROLMENT FOR 2018-2019
Thank you to all families that completed the Pre-enrolment process!
Johnny Bright’s boundaries were opened with Optimal Enrollment Limits for the 2018-2019 school year. This allows us to accept some students from outside our attendance area into planned classes.
As of April 23, 2018-We are now full at all grade levels.
This means new enrolments will only be accepted at any grade if families are moving into the Rutherford area after April 16, 2018.
If you have any questions, regarding pre-enrolment, please contact the school office at 780-437-1341.
Registration forms for the 2018-19 school year are now available online.
The site provides information on choosing a school, dates and deadlines, as well as, registration forms Kindergarten students or new students. To streamline the in-school registration process, it's recommended that you print off the registration form and fill it in prior to coming in.
HOW TO REGISTER
STEP 1: REVIEW AND COMPLETE THE STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM
Review, complete and print the Student Registration form. Sign the printed form.
STEP 2: SUBMIT THE COMPLETED FORM
Bring the following to your preferred school:
- a completed, signed Student Registration form
- confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian (see below)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birth date (see below)
Examples of accepted documentation:
Legal Proof of a Student's Name
Confirmation of Address
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa
In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.
- mortgage documents
- utility bill
- lease agreement
- property tax bill
In some cases you may be asked to provide more than one of the above.
Effective Thursday, February 1, 2018, office hours for Kindergarten registration are 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Documentation parents will be required to provide include:
- Two proofs of address (mortgage or lease document and utility bill or cable bill); driver's license will not be accepted;
- A proof of age (birth certificate or passport);
- A student registered in Kindergarten must be 5 years old by March 1, 2019
ATTENDANCE AREA FOR JOHNNY BRIGHT
- Johnny Bright's attendance area continues to be the Rutherford community however we are adopting optimal enrollment guidelines. More details to follow upon pre-enrollment opening in March.
Registration for students in grades 1 - 9
- Are-enrollment of current EPSB students will begin on March 12, 2018 at 9:00 am. Parents or guardians will be asked to use their own SchoolZone account to pre-enrol their child(ren). Pre-enrollment on SchoolZone closes to parents at 4:00 pm on April 16, 2018.
- For registration of students outside of the Edmonton Public School district, parents or guardians are asked to come directly to the school to register any time after March 14, 2018.
School Supplies-there are a few ways to get school supplies.
Order your supplies online
- School name: Johnny Bright School
- Then select your grade.
Print a list and go shoping
Each grade-level collaboration team has prepared a supply list.
Kinder Supplies list-coming soon.
Thinking of buying a device for your child's education? Read the letter below for our recommended choices.