search icon

2024-25 Potential Student - Guided Tour

We will be offering a one-hour guided school tour for those families interested in attending Johnny Bright in 2024-25. Please register here: School Tour Registration


Pre-enrollment and Registration Information


Pre-enrol in SchoolZone 

Get ready for the 2024–25 school year! Sign in to your parent SchoolZone account between February 1 and March 22 to select your child’s preferred school for next year. 

Whether your child is staying at the same school or changing schools, all students need to pre-enrol. Knowing how many students to expect helps schools prepare to welcome them in September.

 If you need help, contact the school or read the pre-enrolment handout

Pre-enrolment parent info sheet 24-25



Update your child’s current address with the school office before pre-enrolling in SchoolZone. 

New to the Division?
Instead of using SchoolZone, students who are new to Edmonton Public Schools need to submit a completed Student Registration form. Find the form and list of supporting documents you need to provide

For the 2024-25 school year, Johnny Bright will be the overflow designated school for Dr. Lila Fahlman School. As a Level 3 school, there will be a lottery process at Dr. Lila Fahlman school in grades where the number of new resident students exceeds the available space in planned classes. We have space to welcome these students. 

This means if resident students in the Allard and Callaghan neighbourhoods choose to enroll at Dr. Lila Fahlman School and are not accepted through the lottery process, they can attend Johnny Bright School. If you live in these areas and choose not to participate in the lottery process at Dr. Lila Fahlman, you can still:

  • register or pre-enrol at Johnny Bright School,
  • attend another school that has space in planned classes, or
  • remain at your current school. 

Yellow bus service to an overflow designated school will be available for eligible Kindergarten to Grade 6 students. Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred transportation method for junior high students; however, if ETS is not available eligible students may be able to apply for yellow bus service. Bus fees will apply.

More information about the Division’s lottery process is posted on epsb.ca/lotteryprocess.

Registration & Pre-Enrolment


If your child is new to Edmonton Public Schools, you can register for school online. Visit the Division website to learn how to register for school

You will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone to tell us the school you’d like your child to attend next year. Find important dates and deadlines and learn more about pre-enrolment, which opens February 1, 2024.
If you have questions about registering for school, contact the school office.

Registration is completed online. 

KINDERGARTEN registration please visit:


If you have any questions, please call the office at 780-437-1341

NOTE: If you are registering for kindergarten or are new to Edmonton Public Schools, please include a mortgage/lease/rental agreement and a utility bill (or property tax) as proof of address.   We also require a Canadian birth certificate or passport or immigration documentation.


If your child is born in 2019, your child may start kindergarten in September 2024.

Children who are five years old on before December 31, 2024, may register in kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year.

Registration For the Current Year 2023-24

Johnny Bright School is full in planned classes from Kindergarten to Grade 9 in the regular program.  A kindergarten student who is a resident and lives in the school's attendance area may still register. 

We will now only accept resident students for Grade 1 to Grade 9 who newly move into the school's attendance area for the regular program.  A resident student of Edmonton Public Schools has at least one parent or legal guardian living in Edmonton who is not Roman Catholic.  Non-resident students can enroll in another Division school with space in planned classes.

If your child is new to Edmonton Public Schools, you can register for school online. Visit the Division website to learn how to register for school.

To register with Johnny Bright, please include a mortgage/lease/rental agreement and a utility bill (or property tax) as proof of address.